- Sol’s dagger: Supernatural eternal prison
- Crystal goblet: reveals dreams of others and the truth
- Wooden goblet: poisons drinkers
- Golden goblet: Doubles magical strength
- Leviathan scales: invisibility
- Book of spells: spellcasting and spellbinding
- Book of Fate: tells the fate of the reader
- Love potion: Incorrectly named. Creates an unnatural and hypnotic dependency to the maker of the potion, while slowly draining the drinker’s powers.
- Morph crystal: Changes you into your inner creature.
- Soldier of shadow: Will fight in favor of someone pure of heart-unkillable.
- Bitter rocks: dissolvable pellets of poison that can kill thousands with one “rock” in the water supply.
- Mirror shard: shows your true self.
Oracle stood before the open window in the palace, solemnly and quietly saying his goodbyes to Platt. He looked to the temple and said his prayers to Luna that Nathaniel would not succeed.
Turning to the scroll lain across his room’s table, he readied his pen and began to write. He wrote of the impending doom of the kingdom that he had come to love. He wrote of all of Nathaniel’s secrets.
When he finished, he made a map of Aigon, and marked on the map all of the places that he his essential relics. He knew that Nathaniel’s power wavered in the presence of such relics.
He then marked all of the places that he hid the artifacts that could be used as a weapon against Nathaniel and his army. Once the map was drafted, he rolled it and the scroll together, and sent a pigeon to deliver it to a human that lived in Aigon.
This human would later find Anika and deliver the information to her so that she could find the artifacts before Nathaniel could.
Oracle walked back to the edge of the window and looked over the ledge to see how far it was down. After a deep breath, he resigned to his fate.
- You may not show humans into the city.
- One must always be kind to the royals.
- One must respect experts in their areas.
- Do not reveal the most sacred places in Platt to an outsider.
- It is illegal to own an angel.
- Pets must have magical properties if you wish to have them in Platt.
- Do not intentionally kill large masses of humans.
- Always be in favor of learning.
- Dark magic can only be performed by a priestess.
- The future is to be a secret.
- Plattian is the only language that can be spoken in the temple.
- Vegan diet is only for the sacred.
- You may only cut your hair once a year.
- You must petition the queen before assembling an army.
- You must petition the king before marriage.
- All creature marriages are to take place in the temple.
- Only light Gods/Goddesses are allowed in the innermost temple.
- Only linen can be worn in the temple.
- All contracts are to be signed in blood or are otherwise invalid.
- If you live for longer than a year outside of Platt, you may not return.
- Every Plattian must know how to read Plattian.
- Always have a backup power storage artifact on your person.
- Do not kill animals unapologetically.
- Do not question the judgement of the royals.
- The Royals are the Ultimate Law.
My dear sister, I am so sorry for what I’ve done. I’ve fallen prey to an ancient predator, one you could not imagine. He’s going to be difficult to fight, but I believe in you. I always did.
If anyone can end his reign of terror before it begins, it is you, Anika.
I’m not sure you’ll get this, and I’ll likely be dead when you do. Just know this, the day they kill me is the day our good city falls. If we cannot restore the balance, none shall enter.
Swiftly, dearest sister.
Kill that sonofabitch.
I never had the intention of sending the world into a downward spiral, a mass of rioting, an unbalanced place. I never meant for him to die. I just wanted to be a mother.
In the depths of my despair, the most beautiful streak of light dropped in front of me from the heavens, and two beings even greater than myself stood before me. I thought that they would bring about a Golden era to our Silver Plattian rule. So I raised them as my own, and the masses were none the wiser.
But things just… Aren’t ever that simple. He had to die, and I wish I’d had a warning. So I sent a keeper of fairies to retrieve the Oracle, and he came to me, bringing me the Book of Fate for my life and those before me. He came to stay with us, leaving the keeper in charge of the books, and I forever worried about the future.