- 3000: Luna and Sol marry, beginning a reign of terror over creatures unlike gods. Luna wants a child but Sol refuses to give her one. She cheats on him with a charming stranger, bearing twins, and lying about their origin.
- 3102: Anika and Adrian take the throne after the accidental death of their father. Anika begins freeing angel slaves, and the kingdom is unhappy about this. A mysterious stranger decides to intervene, seducing Adrian in order to get to Anika and overthrow her.
- 3109: The stranger reveals his name and face. Nathaniel successfully overthrows Anika. Anika makes friends with an angel, an ancient warrior, and a hybrid whilst roaming the Aigon Forest. Anika moves in with the hybrid, Otirik, and they marry.
- 3112: Otirik and Anika have two year old twins, and a war is brewing. Platt lies in ruins and most of the gods are dead, aside from Anika who is in Aigon, Adrian, who became disillusioned and is now locked away, and Kitten, who is going her own way, completely unaware.
- 3115: Kitten has married and given birth to a baby girl, with Slenderman. She is visited by the angel Jasper, whom she is unaware is working for Nathaniel, who asks her to consider arranging a marriage between her daughter and his newborn brother. She agrees. She finds out that Anika is living near her, and goes to meet her, catching up and agreeing to raise her children should something happen to them.
- 3117: Jasper follows kitten when she is visiting Anika, finding where she lives and calling an army to destroy them. Kitten flees with the children, and Anika and Otirik are slain by Nathaniel’s own hand.
- 3125: Estrella becomes the new queen while Nathaniel slinks back into the shadows. Her brother grows jealous and kills her, then kills himself out of guilt. With nobody left, the line of demigods remains as the royal class, desperate to claim the power they once knew, leaving them open to the hardships and manipulation Nathaniel is so good at.
- 3126: Emily gives birth to a girl who is the love child of her and her betrothed. But she falls in love with another, driving Orion mad, until he is intent to kill them. But instead he ends up killed, or believed so. His body was never found.
- 3152: Many uneventful years passed, and then Sapphire met a stranger. He was charming mysterious, and altogether dangerous. She ran away with him, leaving no trace.
The Candy Kingdom had been out of sweets for quite some time, and the citizens became cranky. Nyan hadn’t been home in quite a while, and when he arrived, he found the place in total disarray. Confused, he asked the people what the problem was.
They explained that they were out of sweets and couldn’t make any more because there seemed to be a tip in the balance to the dark side. He would either have to return the balance to its normal state, or bring love into the kingdom.
Nyan squirmed. He couldn’t figure out what to do. So he travelled far and wide to gather sweets to appease his kingdom, only returning to drop them off, and then travelling more. This is how he met Anika.
Deep in Aigon Forest, a hardly noticeable door lay beneath an inconspicuous pile of leaves. The door lead into a deep bunker which was about a mile long and several hundred feet wide with the entrance opening into a cavernous room on the south wall, and a series of storage, bedrooms, kitchen, restroom and sick bay along the north wall.
Piled in the southwest corner of the big room was junk and unused parts. Just a few feet away from this was a two by six foot chute that lead to a deep furnace. It’s smell gave the impression that garbage, human waste, and dead bodies all went into this furnace. The furnace safely disposed of the waste and filtered the unsanitary bits out as it piped the heat into the rooms through vents on the floor and into the oven if the vent switch were open. Clean outside ventilation ducts with filters lined the ceilings. Otherwise, this mysterious abandoned bunker was empty.
His boots made a light, echoing sound as he made his way across the vast expanse. He stopped and flipped open his burner phone, surprised to see he had service down in this tin can. He punched in the numbers and held it up to his face. He heard the telltale “click” that someone answered, but there was no reply. Speaking in code, he said, “Hello, Dad? Just calling to say thanks for helping me out. The new house is magnificent. Plenty of room for my dogs and my collection. Anyway, tell mom I love her.” He snapped the phone shut, removing the battery and then squeezing the flimsy plastic in his left hand until he heard the phone shatter.
Nathaniel descended the stares into the dungeon holding a book and a bottle of wine. The guards let him into Elia’s cell. She was chained to the wall and in very bad shape. He smiled and offered her a drink of the special wine.
“Drink, for this is my blood.” He let loose a howl of laughter after that made her reluctant to drink. But having not eaten or drank anything in quite a while, she took a sip. It tasted funny.
After she sipped, he stepped back and started reading form the book in Plattian. She started to feel warm, and then her body elongated and her hair flew about her as if blown by an unseen wind.
She pulled herself free of her restraints, revealing rows and rows of pointed white teeth. She unhinged her jaw and let out an ear piercing scream, killing the guards and knocking Nathaniel down. That’s when she escaped and Nathaniel picked himself up, dumbfounded. “Have I just created a monster worse than I?”
Nobody knows her origin, but she is the shared soul of Taco, Tac Nayn, and Nyan Cat. She appears as a sweet young girl, but she is very powerful and otherworldly in nature. She has an unnatural wisdom and calmness that, surprisingly, all of her portions portray as they go about their lives.
Paloma has only ever appeared to one person on our timeline, Burrodilla, while she was in a coma. She didn’t know who she was for quite some time, until piecing together similarities in her and the three brothers she is split into.
When she confronted the brothers, they were completely unaware that Paloma was her own personality as a whole. They quickly turned their attention away from Burrodilla, and she can’t help but wonder if it was partially Paloma’s doing. What could she be hiding?
- Generation 1: Sol, Luna, Anglios, Liola, and Oracle
- Generation 2: Zaika, Kitty, Anika, Adrian, Valu and Otirik
- Generation 3: Estrella, Auditore, Emily, Neko, Akito, Josh, Jasper, Michael, Gabriel, Alexander, Lucifer, Orion, and Jacob
- Generation 4: Sapphire, Emrel and Sehla
- Generation 5: Burrito and King, Della
- Generation 6: Caprella, Ty and Mos
- Generation 7: Bobo and Nyx
- Generation 8: Tem Digit
- Generation 9: Dylia
- Generation 10: Dylain and Mia
- Generation Unknown: Bruja, Nathaniel, Slenderman, Yhorm and Paloma (see tomorrow’s post for who Paloma is)
He lay on the floor, battered and bruised, struggling for breath after the last punch he endured. After several minutes of complete silence, his captor burst forth in a fit of howling laughter.
“What a sight! How pitiful our Great King is on his knees… Oh, how I have missed seeing you like this…” Nathaniel stepped forward, stomping on Adrian’s hands and grinding the heel of his boot into them. “I have longed for you for many months, but ever since your sister was escorted to a fitting location, you have denied me. How dare you.”
There was a knock on the door. Nathaniel’s smile faded and he feigned a look of torment and pain, as he said, “Come in”. His servant came in and bowed before him, before whispering something in his ear. Adrian could see in Nathaniel’s eyes that he was holding back laughter.
As the servant left, he broke into an evil grin. “It would seem that one of my servants has taken his own life. How hilarious. I shall make a spectacle out of it at his funeral. After all, the kingdom started to believe that he and I were secretly having an affair while your majesty is… ill.” He chuckled again.
“I will make your sister fall to her knees like I have made you. I want to see her broken and begging.”
Adrian slowly looked up at Nathaniel, and when their eyes met, he was temporarily startled. The deep red color had returned to the Death God’s eyes, and the fire was behind them again. “You won’t defeat her.”
Nathaniel’s smile returned as he picked up a small leather bound book and slid it into his inside pocket. “I just did.”